Please submit your resume and complete the form. We will review your resume and form and let you know if you have been selected to audition.
Yoga Instructor’s at Oso deliver an extraordinary customer experience. The instructor provides this experience through a welcoming check-in process, guiding students through class, and supporting each individual in their yoga journey. The instructor cultivates supportive relationships by making themselves accessible and approachable, ensuring student safety, and embodying the Oso Values at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Provide yoga instruction by teaching classes, adhering to Oso yoga instruction policies
- Educate students on correct alignment while providing modifications for postures during their yoga practice as appropriate for their success, challenge, and safety. Be knowledgeable about and adhere to the Oso yoga guidelines on verbal and physical, stabilizing assists
- Connect and reconnect with guests to encourage continued class attendance and support students’ growth. Promote memberships and services.
- Adhere to the Oso programs instructor attendance policy which includes that teachers are present at the studio 30 minutes prior and 30 minutes after their class instruction
- Maintain the cleanliness of the studio to a between classes, including organization and storage of props, mats and other implements (including weights).
- Comply with the Oso Class Planning Protocol. All class preparation and planning must be done within the studio premises during the 30 minutes before or after class, or during a scheduled class planning session
- Understand and efficiently navigate MindBody Online (MBO) software to sign students in and process other front desk transactions
- At all times, be respectful and compliant with corporate rules, policies, and procedures in addition to management direction, as stated in the Employee Handbook
EDUCATION, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Certificate of completion from a Yoga Alliance certified 200-hour teacher training program required
- Current CPR/AED certification required (or a willingness to acquire such certification prior to teaching at Oso)
- High School diploma or equivalent education or experience required
- Must be 18 years or older
- A passion for yoga
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Professionalism and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead students in physical activity for a maximum 1.5 hours at a time
- Ability to withstand exposure to heated classroom for the duration of class
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Minimum of 2 permanent classes per week is required
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, we reserve the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed. Oso Climbing Gyms is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities.